Back in the 1980s, my friends and I would flock to see any film or television show, or read any book that touched on homosexuality. It's not that these were all great works of art (although some were), but that the paucity of available material made any LGBT related material noteworthy. We would surely have devoured and debated Michael Bronski's A Queer History of the United States then, but there is little to warrant such indiscriminate attention these days.
Click here to read my full review.
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Here's a dip I grew up with, yet I didn't know the recipe until I was nearly 30. My grandmother's veggie dip brings a piquant but not overwhelming flavor to raw vegetables.
* 2 parts mayonaise or Miracle Whip
* 1 part mustard (preferably Cleveland Stadium brown mustard)
* Liberally season with curry
* Mix in a small dipping bowl
* Garnish with curry for a decorative touch.